Thursday, November 15, 2007

Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins

Aha! Something that isn't so terrible for the waistline!
I whipped these up last Sunday morning and brought them over to the boyfriend's place. We devoured them all over coffee, and just hung out and watched TV. Just the right muffins to counter inactivity, haha. I'm thinking these could be modified next time--not that there's anything wrong with them--I just have visions of perhaps dried berries, nuts, or flax seeds added in. Mmm!

Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins
(Slightly modified from Sugar & Spice via SparkRecipes)

1 cup rolled oats
1 cup 2% milk
1/2 cup applesauce
2 large eggs
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup Splenda brown sugar mix
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
Few dashes salt
1T cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice mix

In a medium sized bowl, soak the oats in the milk for ~ 1 hour. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray, or line with muffin liners.
Combine the oat mixture with applesauce and eggs. In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until done. (I left my tops a little "squishy".)

2 comments:

Marianne said...

From a quick look at your blog, it looks like you are an excellent baker. I'd like to try those muffins and the doughnuts a few posts ago!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you enjoyed these! I love the inclusion of the pumpkin spices, I bet they were really good!